1000RR Specifications 2006/2007
Updated September 2006
Honda made a reported 210 changes to the CBR 1000RR for 2006
to include:New for 2006
- New cylinder-head porting for improved engine power
in mid- and upper-rpm ranges.
- New cylinder-head combustion chamber shape raises the
compression ratio. (Speedy note: new compression
12.2:1 up from 11.9:1)
- New intake cam increases power at high engine speeds.
- New intake valves help increase power.
- Intake valve springs change from a single spring to
new double-spring design for optimum performance at high rpm.
- Redline increased for improved performance.
(Speedy note: 12,200 new redline up from 11,500)
- Left engine ACG cover is made of magnesium for
- New transmission gears for improved engagement.
- New clutch needle bearings improve engagement feel
- Redesigned ram-air intake screen grid reduces air
resistance for optimum flow.
- New exhaust system is lighter and increases flow for
- New chassis geometry for improved handling.
- New, larger full-floating 320mm front disc brakes (up
from 310mm) with four-piston radial-mounted calipers deliver superior
braking performance and progressive feel.
- Revised front suspension settings for superior
- Revised rear suspension includes new linkage for
- All-new bodywork includes upper, middle and lower
cowl for aggressive, race-ready look.
- Improved seat foam for additional rider comfort.
- Exciting new colors are: Candy Blue/Yellow,
Red/Black, Silver/Metallic Silver and Black.
The only change to the 2007 model
CBR1000RR is the addition of a black swing arm for U.S. models.
Blue/Orange/White/Red "Repsol Replica"
Light Silver Metallic
This page is part
of a frame set. If you reached this page via a search engine please click
to go to the main page.